A Site History Project for The Texas A&M University System's RELLIS Campus

Ann Burns

Ann Burns family brought her to Bryan, Texas, when she was five months old and she’s called the Bryan home, on and off, for the remainder of her life. Her father was the local district manager for Lone Star Gas Company. Ann married her Stephen F. Austin High School sweetheart, Curtis Burns, in 1952. Curtis was a third-generation Brazos County resident who attended Texas A&M College and lived at The Annex on the site of Bryan Army Air field during his freshman year in 1948. Curtis was the son Dr. and Mrs. Patton Burns. Dr. Burns was a member of the faculty at A&M, as was Curtis, who taught in the Mays School of Business after retiring from the U.S. Navy at the rank of major. Ann and Curtis had one son, Glen.

The Lifelong Thread