Soon to be a book published by Texas A&M University Press.
Click here for more information.

Charles M. "Red” Scott

After graduation from Texas A&M in 1953, Charles M. "Red” Scott worked for the Texas Electric Service Company in Ft. Worth until called to active duty in the U.S. Army in May 1954. After attending Field Artillery Officer school he was assigned to a parachute field artillery battalion in the 82nd Airborne Division through September 1956. He returned to Texas and then was employed by Sperry Gyroscope Company in the aviation electronics field. After a field assignment at Ft. Rucker he was transferred to Sperry Phoenix Company in Phoenix, AZ. He remained there until retirement in 1989 as the Director of OEM Marketing for Sperry’s Avionics Division. After release from active military service, Scott remained in either the Army Reserve or the National Guard until retiring in October 1983. He attended the Army Officer Rotary Wing Aviator Course and flew helicopters in his reserve status from May 1960 until October 1982, accruing approximately 3200 hours pilot time. He was ultimately assigned as the Assistant Adjutant General (Army) for the State of Arizona and promoted to Brigadier General. He was a founding member of the Valley of the Sun A&M Club and served as president for two terms. Scott then was a national representative to the Association of Former Students for four years and was chosen to serve as a Co-Class Agent for the Class of 1953 from 2003 to 2013.

The Annex Plaque